Telecom expense management (TEM) is the process of managing and keeping track of various wireless, voice and data services in order to understand total telecom costs. This term is usually applied to business customers that have significant telecom service provisions as part of their business processes.
In this article, I will briefly explain what Telecom Expense Management (TEM) is all about.
Why Use Telecom Expense Management?
Telecom Expense Management began due to a need to control monthly costs associated with the use of fixed phone lines. Since then, TEM has evolved into a management system which helps not only with managing telecom services but also wireless services.
In many ways, TEM has come to incorporate elements of both Telecom and Technology Expense Management, often unified into one platform. You can do a variety of things with a TEM provider if you choose the right one, and making the right decision can allow you to have all of your data and assets managed for you in one platform.
Expense Management Suppliers
One of the South African TEM vendors is JOLTSA, who have developed their own TEM platform catering specifically to the South African Market. You can visit their website for more information about the Telephony Services they offer.
Reasons to consider Telecom Expense Management
There are many reasons to consider a TEM solution. Let’s take a look at some of the most powerful reasons.
- Automate workflows, work orders and approval processes. Remove the human API from the equation. Automation eliminates the potential for errors and having to redo the work. You’ll save time and your inventory will be updated regularly.
- Accelerate Invoice Processing. No more manual entries needed. High volumes of electronic invoices, discrepancies, errors and overcharges are quickly identified. You no longer have to wait 6 months for flags to be raised.
- Maintain an Accurate Inventory. Manage more asset and services with fewer man-hours. The automated workflows and work orders take care of it for you.
- Track disputes to resolutions. This helps uncover billing errors, eliminates late payment fees, and collect credits faster.
- Alter Consumption Behaviour. See what your employees are using and how much it costs. Visibility of assigned assets, services and costs to users. Users can also track their own usage and save money for the company by making changes to their plans or options.
In business, telecom expense management can be complicated. That is partly because of the wide array of telecom services offered by today’s innovative telecommunications companies. Using a competent TEM vendor, can greatly simplify management of your TEM’s environment, save you money and improve your staff’s productivity.
For more information or help with your IT and Computing challenges call Ryan Danvers of ABACON IT on 072 601 2858.